Low Country Cop Injured in Car Accident

Share This

A woman is charged with driving too fast for conditions, after she collided with a Charleston County deputy early Saturday morning. The SC Highway Patrol says the accident happened just before 2:30 a.m. on Highway 61 near Charleston Christian School. According to reports, the accident happened when 59-year-old Deputy Robert Cart was stopped on Highway 61 attempting to turn onto Plainview Road. He was then reportedly struck from behind by a woman driving 2010 Toyota Rav-4. Cart was in his marked patrol car at the time and wearing a seatbelt. He was transported to St. Francis Hospital to be treated, and his condition is unknown at this time.

Charleston Car Accident Attorney

When involved in a car accident, it is important to file an accident report. Although law enforcement officers in many locations may not respond to accidents unless there are injuries, drivers should file a state vehicle accident report, which is available at police stations and often on the Department of Motor Vehicles Web site as a downloadable file. A police report often helps insurance companies speed up the claims process. Use your cell phone's camera to document the damage to all the vehicles. Keep in mind that you want your photos to show the overall context of the accident. If there were witnesses, try to get their contact information; they may be able to help you if the at fault driver dispute your version of what happened. A good Charleston car accident lawyer will guide you through this stressful time. While car accident are not regular occurrences for most of us, they are for the personal injury attorneys. Contact a lawyer if you were hurt in a car wreck to help ensure the liable party will cover you medical expenses.

Car Accident Lawyer in Mount Pleasant

Those injured in car accidents in Mount Pleasant often look to Charleston for their legal representation. When comparing the credentials of Charleston Personal Injury Lawyers, the Clore Law Group's experience and success makes them the clear choice. Your lawsuit needs to provide financial damages to pay for your ongoing medical expense. Understanding the long term affects of a car accident requires your attorney to have a working knowledge and experience with analyzing medical documents. He or she also needs expert witnesses, like doctors and other healthcare providers, to provide their professional opinions of your future medical needs. A mistake is these projections my result in your not being able to afford your medical attention in the future. You cannot sue again either. Contact the Clore Law Group if you or a loved one was seriously injured in a car accident.

Contact Us

Clore Law Group welcomes your questions about any issues concerning a serious personal injury, car accident, medical malpractice, nursing home neglect, or business tort. If you have a viable claim, we’ll explain the legal process. Since consultations are always free, there’s no cost in learning your legal options.