Resident Scalded by Hot Water in Tub and Drowned at Long-Term Care Facility

A middle-aged man with a life-long history of severe brain injury and cerebral palsy, who lived in a long-term care home, was unattended when taking a bath despite his inability to safely bathe himself. When he was ultimately found unresponsive in the tub by staff at the facility, he had 3rd-degree burns from scalding hot water, and had drowned. The case was prosecuted for the family of the deceased man and tried by Mark Clore; a settlement was reached during trial in favor of the family.

Clore Law Group, LLC is proud of the results our attorneys have achieved, but any prior results achieved on behalf of one client in one matter does not necessarily indicate, and cannot be relied upon to mean, that similar results can be obtained for other clients.

Contact Us

Clore Law Group welcomes your questions about any issues concerning a serious personal injury, car accident, medical malpractice, nursing home neglect, business tort, or workplace injury. If you have a viable claim, we’ll explain the legal process. Since consultations are always free, there’s no cost in learning your legal options.