Aspiration During Gallbladder Surgery Confidential Settlement

A middle-aged woman underwent a successful gallbladder surgery, but after she awoke from anesthesia it was determined that she had a severe lung injury. She soon died from lung complications, and at autopsy it was determined that she had aspirated (vomited stomach contents into her lungs) during anesthesia and/or the surgery.

Read More
Read more

The anesthesia record for the surgery disappeared, however, and was never found. Suit was filed and Mark Clore prosecuted the case against the hospital and its anesthesiologist who denied any wrongdoing, but ultimately a confidential settlement was reached for the woman’s estate and family.

Airway Malpractice and Suffocation Before Back Surgery Confidential Settlement

A middle-aged woman was in a hospital to have a routine, elective, back surgery. It was alleged that when the patient was in the operating room, after general anesthesia started and before the surgery began, the anesthesia provider repeatedly attempted to place the breathing tube for the patient (intubate), to the point where there was bleeding in the airway, instead of calling off the procedure.

Read More
Read more

By the time the procedure was finally aborted, with the surgery never having been done, the lady experienced a lack of oxygen to her vital organs, including her heart and brain. While her heart damage largely healed, the lady was left with significant brain damage and memory problems in addition to her ongoing back problems. Mark Clore represented the lady and was able to secure a confidential settlement on her behalf.

Oversedation and Suffocation During Upper GI Confidential Settlement

During an upper gastrointestinal (GI) study in a hospital, a middle-aged woman was oversedated to the point where she had breathing problems and/or loss of her airway. This was followed by heart rhythm abnormalities, then a very low heart rate and cardiac arrest.

Read More
Read more

She also suffered severe brain injuries due to the lack of oxygen to her brain. Suit was brought by Clore Law Group, LLC, and it was alleged that the anesthesia care givers did not timely and properly monitor the woman’s condition, including with the right equipment, and did not timely rescue her during the procedure. Ultimately, a confidential settlement was obtained on the woman's behalf.

Oversedation and Suffocation During Colonoscopy Confidential Settlement

A middle-aged man had an upper GI procedure followed by a colonoscopy, to rule out cancer. Although no cancer was found, he was oversedated during the colonoscopy to the point where he developed severe breathing problems and respiratory arrest, quickly followed by cardiac arrest.

Read More
Read more

By the time emergency providers arrived, he had already suffered massive brain damage from lack of oxygen during the arrest. As a result, he remained in a vegetative or comatose type state. Clore Law Group, LLC was retained to investigate and then prosecute a case against the anesthesia provider and facility where this occurred, alleging that the man’s airway collapse and arrests happened because he was given too much anesthesia, for too long, and then not properly monitored until it was too late. Eventually, Clore Law Group, LLC was able to procure a confidential settlement for the man and his wife.

Resident Scalded by Hot Water in Tub and Drowned at Long-Term Care Facility Confidential Settlement

A middle-aged man with a life-long history of severe brain injury and cerebral palsy, who lived in a long-term care home, was unattended when taking a bath despite his inability to safely bathe himself. When he was ultimately found unresponsive in the tub by staff at the facility, he had 3rd-degree burns from scalding hot water, and had drowned.

Read More
Read more

The case was prosecuted for the family of the deceased man and tried by Mark Clore; a settlement was reached during trial in favor of the family.

Spinal Surgery Device / Paralysis Confidential Settlement

A young man had surgery for back fractures, and the orthopedic surgeon used a device to stabilize and reinforce fractured vertebra. But following surgery the device put significant pressure on the spinal cord, cutting off the blood flow.

Read More

As a consequence, the young man was permanently paralyzed below the mid-part of his body. Mark Clore worked used radiology imaging and computer animation to show how this happened. A confidential settlement was obtained for the man.