After Years of Decline, Trucking Accidents on the Rise AgainClore Law ·
According to the latest data, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association (FMCSA) reports, that although deadly trucking accidents have declined 17 percent over the past 10 years, the trend has come to an end. Nearly 4,000 fatal crashes were recorded in the most-recent annual statistics, which resulted in a 5 percent increase over the prior year. Quick Facts
- There were approximately 317,000 collisions involving large trucks reported to police in the recent yearly counts.
- Most fatal crashes (63 percent), involved a truck and more than one vehicle.
- Almost two-thirds of them occurred on rural roads, not highways.
- An overwhelming majority of collisions, which caused injury or death, happened during the weekdays and were more common during daylight hours.
- Injuries and fatalities were mainly the result of a direct collision between a passenger and transport vehicles.
- In 5 percent of injury-causing collisions and 3 percent of fatal wrecks, however, the chain of events began with the transport vehicle rolling over.
Charleston Trucking Accident AttorneyIf you have lost a loved one or have been injured in one of the 317,000 needless collisions that occur yearly, though no fault of your own, you may need legal assistance in order to receive a fair settlement. Large transportation firms are known to hire attorneys who will attempt to shift the blame to you, or will try to settle out of court, so they can pay less. Due to the nature of these collisions, you could be left with ongoing medical bills or a total loss of income, which a court may award, but a settlement will not routinely cover. If you'd like to find out more about receiving fair reparations, contact us using our online form, or speak directly to one of our attorneys by calling 1(800)610-2546.
Clore Law Group welcomes your questions about any issues concerning a serious personal injury, car accident, medical malpractice, nursing home neglect, business tort, or workplace injury. If you have a viable claim, we’ll explain the legal process. Since consultations are always free, there’s no cost in learning your legal options.