Study: Men and Women Have Different Types of Car WrecksMark Clore ·
Over the years, there have been numerous studies which show the leading causes for car wrecks. They have covered the places they are most-likely to occur, and which groups are more likely to become injured or die, as well. We even covered one study recently, which showed that men were not only more prone to be in a collision, but also to have fatal injuries as a result. One thing no other major study has done, until now, is to take a serious look into the role that gender plays in auto accidents. Researchers at Kansas State University examined five years of data and discovered that driver behavior between men and women have some interesting differences. Compared to Men, WomenâÃÂ¶
- Are 66% more likely to wear a seatbelt.
- Are 26% more likely to drive on a suspended license.
- Are more likely to have a collision at an intersection.
- Are more likely to hit a pedestrian.
- Have more accidents on weekdays.
- Are more likely to become injured in a collision.
- Have more "T-Bone" accidents, in which the vehicles collide at a right angle.
- Are more prone to distraction in rush-hour traffic.
- Are more likely to have an accident after sunset.
- Have more accidents on weekends.
- Are more likely to have an off-road collision.
- Are more likely to die in a collision.
- Drive more miles.
- Engage in risky behaviors while behind the wheel, such as drunk-driving or driving in unsafe conditions.
- Are involved in more driving-related felonies, like hit-and-run.
- Have more rear-end collisions.
- Are more reckless during the evening hours.
Charleston Car Wreck AttorneyRegardless of age or gender, auto accidents can have a devastating impact on a person's life. There may be medical bills that grow, damage to property, and other expenses that can be difficult to manage, especially if time of work is needed to recover. If you've been injured, or have lost someone you care about to a collision, a court may award you reparations to help cover your losses or to compensate you for pain and suffering. Seek any medical attention you need first, then contact an attorney to help you obtain a fair settlement. Not only do we offer free consultations, but we can come to you until you're well enough to travel, and we don't demand any up-front payments. Please contact us using our online form or speak to one of our attorneys now by calling 1(800)610-2546.
Clore Law Group welcomes your questions about any issues concerning a serious personal injury, car accident, medical malpractice, nursing home neglect, business tort, or workplace injury. If you have a viable claim, we’ll explain the legal process. Since consultations are always free, there’s no cost in learning your legal options.