Car Accident Closes I-40Mark Clore ·
I-40 Westbound is closed in Wake County after a traffic accident near the Aviation Parkway interchange early this afternoon, according to the N.C. Department of Transportation. There also are related backups on eastbound I-40 as well while authorities investigate and clear the accident. NCDOT expects the lanes to reopen later this afternoon. NCDOT recommends the following westbound detour: I-40 Exit 290 to N.C. 54, which is Chapel Hill Road. Follow N.C. 54 west to N.C. 540 East, which turns into I-540 East, back to I-40 West at mile marker 283.
What to Do After a Traffic Accident
After a traffic accident, there are certain steps to take to help minimize injuries to those involved.
- Stay at the scene--Unless you are in a desolate area and fear for your safety, you should stay at the accident scene.
- Check all Passengers--Do not attempt to move injured people unless they are in imminent danger.
- Call the police--It is important to file a police report should you need to file a personal injury lawsuit.
- Exchange information--Drivers licenses, insurance, phone numbers, make/model of cars, license plate numbers, etc.
- Be polite, but do not apologize for anything at the scene. Your expression of remorse for an accident may be interpreted as an admission of fault.
NC Traffic Accident Lawyer
While auto insurance is mandatory, there are many drivers who are not insured. Even if the at-fault party is insured, it is in their best interest to offer you as little compensation as possible. You may even more surprised to learn your own insurance company will try to short change you. Insurance companies are profitable businesses and paying injury claims is not profitable! These are just of few of the many reasons you should be represented by an experienced traffic accident lawyer. If you or someone you love was injured in a traffic accident, contact the Clore Law Group today for a free consultation.
Clore Law Group welcomes your questions about any issues concerning a serious personal injury, car accident, medical malpractice, nursing home neglect, business tort, or workplace injury. If you have a viable claim, we’ll explain the legal process. Since consultations are always free, there’s no cost in learning your legal options.