2012 Drug RecallsMark Clore ·
Drug companies must seek FDA approval to sell a new prescription drug in the US. Companies first test on animals and then test on humans to see if the drug is safe and effective. After testing, the company sends FDA an application called a New Drug Application (NDA). If the FDA doctors and scientists believe the drug's benefits outweigh its known risks and negative side effects, it will be approved for sale. While this sounds like a good plan, the testing is short in order to allow the companies to capitalize on taking their product to market. This is why the very same organization who approves drug later recalls the same drugs. The following are drug recalls issued thus far this year.
- March 09, 2012 Recall of Brilliant Blue G
- February 16, 2012 Bedford Laboratories‚Ñ¢ Issues Nationwide Voluntary Recall of Cytarabine for Injection, USP, 1 Gram per Vial
- February 24, 2012 Regeneca, Inc. Issues a Voluntary Nationwide Recall of All Lots of Single Capsule RegenErect Because of Potential Health Risks
- February 24, 2012 Glenmark Generics Inc. Recalls Seven Lots of Norgestimate and Ethinyl Estradiol Tablets USP, 0.18 mg/0.035 mg, 0.215 mg/0.035 mg, 0.25 mg/0.035 mg (Generic) Due to Possibility of Out of Sequence Tablets
- February 22, 2012 American Regent Initiates Nationwide Voluntary Recall Of Phenylephrine HCl Injection, USP, 1% 5 mL Vial, Lot# 0693 Due To Visible Particles
- February 17, 2012 McNeil Consumer Healthcare Announces Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Infants' TYLENOL Oral Suspension, 1 oz. Grape Due to Dosing System Complaints
- February 16, 2012 Bedford Laboratories Issues Nationwide Voluntary Recall of Cytarabine for Injection, USP, 1 Gram per Vial
- February 10, 2012 Regeneca, Inc. Issues A Voluntary Nationwide Recall Of A Specific Lot Of RegenArouse Because Of Potential Health Risks
- February 09, 2012 Wholistic Herbs, Inc. Recalls "Koff & Kold" and "Kold Sore" Because Of Possible Health Risk
- February 06, 2012 North American Rescue, LLC Announces A Follow-Up to the Recall of Crickit Convenience Kits Related to Nationwide Recall of Triad Povidone Iodine Prep Pads
- February 02, 2012 Bedford Laboratories Issues A Voluntary Nationwide Patient Level Recall Of Acetylcysteine Solution, USP, LOT 1877093
- January 31, 2012 Pfizer Recalls Lo/Ovral-28 and Norgestrel/Ethinyl Estradiol Tablets Due to Possibility of Inexact Tablet Counts or Out of Sequence Tablets
- January 27, 2012 One Lot of Aveeno Baby Calming Comfort Lotion Recalled
- January 27, 2012 Cephalon, Inc. recalls Treanda¬Æ (bendamustine HCL) for Injection 25mg/Vial Due to Particulate Matter
- January 19, 2012 Perfect Image Solutions, LLC Issues Voluntary Recall of Unapproved Product Due to Potential Health Risk
- January 10, 2012 Bedford Laboratories Issues Guidance On 2011 Voluntary Recall Of Polymyxin B For Injection USP And Vecuronium Bromide For Injection Related To Glass Particles
- January 08, 2012 Novartis Consumer Health Inc. Recalls Certain Over-The-Counter Products Due to Potential Presence Of Foreign Tablets Or Chipped Or Broken Tablets Or Gelcaps
Drug Recall Law Suit
It is quite expensive to research and develop drugs. If serious side affects are hidden or not disclosed, you may be entitled to compensation for the resulting injury. Call 800-610-2546 to speak with an attorney regarding your potential drug recall lawsuit.
Clore Law Group welcomes your questions about any issues concerning a serious personal injury, car accident, medical malpractice, nursing home neglect, business tort, or workplace injury. If you have a viable claim, we’ll explain the legal process. Since consultations are always free, there’s no cost in learning your legal options.